The digital world is expanding day by day. Almost everyone across the globe has access to internet and smart phones. So in this age of growing internet access it is very important to have an online presence to increase the productivity and profits. Though brick and mortar still makes up the majority of sales, online sales are growing rapidly. These day’s buyers before buying anything conduct extensive research online. Most of them even prefer shopping from home as it takes away the pain of waiting in the queue to pay up bills or even driving through the busy road. Online shopping makes your life easy, hassle free and saves a lot time. You can often purchase items with just a simple click of a button.
Let us take a look at some of the benefits of selling online:
Global Reach: By going online, your customers are no longer confined to the geographical location where the store is located. Your customers could be anyone, from any part of the world. You could sell anywhere, anytime, even internationally. Selling online also has an added advantage of increasing the potential customer base by driving traffic through multiple channels like social media, organic search, Google Ads etc.
Cost Less to Setup: Setting up a physical store is a costlier affair as it involves rental space, wages for the employees, equipments, insurance, inventory, electricity, etc. On the other hand, setting up an online store requires much lesser investment as some of the above mentioned costs are not incurred on online selling. You can save a lot of money by selling online. You can use the money that you save to develop your website and the product range. It also takes less time to set up online store. You can easily set up your online store through E commerce portals.
Open 24/7: An online store is open to customers 24/7, 365 days a year, which means customers can shop at their convenient time. Your sale can happen any time of the day. This not only maximizes your sales but also your profits. On the contrary, keeping an offline store open 24/7 not only requires additional expenses but also practically not feasible.
Wide Range of Products available: Offline stores require additional planning to expand their range of products due to limited space. However, online store doesn’t have such limitations and you can use drop shipping to procure inventory without a large, upfront investment.
Increase Brand Awareness: Having an online presence will help you to increase your brand awareness. Most of the buyers before buying anything researches about the product online first. So having a proper website or an e-store will allow the customers to check about your product information, reviews etc before making a decision. They can also search about your company anytime. This will in turn help you to build trust and loyalty among your customers.
Easily Measurable: It is very easy to track your sales online through systems like Google Analytics. You can view statistics including how many people visited your website, through which source did they come, what they purchased, how many orders were processed, average cart total, cart abandonment rate and more.
Having an online presence or an online store not only helps you to maximize your sales and profits but also lets you work from any part of the globe. So what are you waiting for start you online store today with Shopify or Bigcommerce and become your own boss. Do leave us your comments and viewpoints in the comment section at the end of the article. Would love to hear your side of the story.
Out here I would like to recommend 6 different platforms where you can create your online Store very easily
- 1 : Shopify : Shopify is a leading online shop builder – it is currently powering over 600,000 online shops and has helped businesses process over $50 billion worth of sales
- 2: BigCommerce : Bigcommerce comes with a range of customizable templates to help you design your store; you can use it to sell either physical or digital goods; and there are also some tools provided to help you market your store.
- 3: volusion : volusion is one of the larger ecommerce online store builders that allow you to start selling your products without being a technical nerd at all
- 4: 3Dcart :3dcart is a feature-rich eCommerce platform that serves merchants large and small. With a wide range of pricing options and loads of features right out of the box, 3dcart is an excellent option for merchants who are looking for an affordable, fully-hosted selling solution.
- 5: LemonStand : Founded in 2010, LemonStand is a Canadian eCommerce solution for growing online sellers. LemonStand currently hosts over 2,000 merchants and provides all of those merchants with reliable web hosting, excellent customer service, and a continually expanding feature set
- 6: EcWid. : The name “Ecwid” (pronounced ECK-wid) is short for “eCommerce widgets” which describes (somewhat) what Ecwid does. Ecwid is a shopping cart widget that incorporates into any website with just a few lines of code. Using Ecwid, you can sell across multiple sites and manage it all from one easy-to-use admin. If you’ve only got a few products to sell (up to 10) Its completely free.